It’s been a month since my last update. Once more, there simply wasn’t a whole lot to report when it came to new homes hitting the market. Talk about low inventory — right now, we don’t have a single active listing in Rock Creek Forest!
Thus, it will not come as a surprise that the only new listing, a mid-century modern house with walls of glass on two floors and surprising views of Rock Creek Park, sold immediately. According to the listing agent, the sellers received 5 offers, so it would be safe to assume the price might have escalated over the asking price of $699. We’ll see.
Also gone UNDER CONTRACT:
- the (equally well-priced) split level at 8103 Meadowbrook Lane, after only 11 days on the market.
- the rambler at 2107 Ross Rd (after 24 days)
- the expanded colonial at 2635 Colston Rd (after 44 days and one price reduction)
HOMES THAT CLOSED during the past month:
- 2210 Mark Ct on the Silver Spring side, for $551,000 ($17,000 above the asking price)
- 2317 PEGGY LN, SILVER SPRING, MD 20910, Seller Subsidy:$10000.0, Close Price: $539,500 (original price), 11 DOM; split level, lot 7,937 sf
- After 61 days, the townhouse at 2002 Derby Ridge Ln, down from $47,000 to $465,000, was taken off the market
- 2808 East West Highway, a pre-approved short sale ($539,000) with some beautiful updates and features, had a 2-month contract fall through just as the lender was about to give it the seal of approval. The buyers had an inexplicable change of heart. Rumor has it that the sellers have decided to hold on to the house, rather than putting it back on the market.
That would be it for now. While there isn’t anything available right now, the contracts re still contingent, and you can always check here for any active MLS listings for Rock Creek Forest that might come up. To see what has closed in RCF this year so far, click here.
Or stay tuned for the next update! (If you are generally interested in buying a home in RCF or another neighborhood, click here.)