|Classy brick colonial with an abundance of space and sweeping private views of parkland. The large home, built in 2000 in the final section of the River Falls community, has 6 bedrooms and 5 full and one half bath. Many built-ins and upgrades as well as surprising bonus features give this home its special appeal.River Falls offers the best of suburban living: wide streets with side walks, mature trees and a community center with tennis courts, park and award-winning pool club that has been the neighborhood’s hub for nearly 40 years. There is easy access to shopping centers and the Beltway. The commute to downtown DC is made quick by a reversed rush-hour one-way system on Canal Road. River Falls is part of the Whitman high school cluster area.First Floor:- Bathed in sunlight, the deep two-story foyer welcomes you into this gracious home. It features a coat closet and several nooks and crannies for stashing your mail, or hanging artwork.
– French doors open to the bay-windowed formal dining room, overlooking the front garden.
– The formal living room – currently used as a library – features beautiful built-in bookshelves. Originally a separate office and living room, the rooms have been combined to create one large space with green views.
The super-sized family room with gas fireplace, built-ins, arched openings to the kitchen, a wall of windows and glass doors leads to a deck deck and patio that are set against the serene backdrop of the woods. A second stairway from the family room offers easy access to the 2nd floor.
– The sleek kitchen sports Corian and granite counter tops, handsome maple cabinetry, stainless Viking 6-burner range and oven, a Sub-Zero refrigerator and a built-in second wall oven and microwave. An adjacent breakfast room opens to the deck as well.
– Nestled between the kitchen and the 2-car garage are a large, walk-in pantry and a mud-room with closet – perfect for trips home from the grocery store.
The large master bedroom offers a sitting area with vaulted ceilings and glorious views of the woods. Two (!) walk-in closets.
Spacious master bath with travertine-style tile, double vanities, walk-in rain shower and a separate, deep Rocaille bathtub with tree top views.
Bedroom #2 overlooks the back yard and has its own en-suite bathroom with tub.
– Bedroom #3 features a large, windowed walk-in closet and a Jack-and-Jill full bath with two vanities, leading to bedroom #4.
– Laundry Room with linen closet, utility sink and space for folding table
– Hall linen closet
Accessed from the main hallway, the basement offers up a surprising abundance of additional space.
-A large, tiled recreation room opens to a covered patio area with steps to the back yard.
-Bedroom #5 features its own full bath and closet and overlooks the back yard area.
-Bedroom #6 also faces the back yard, and has a large closet.
An additional full bath is accessed from the rec room
– Two huge bonus rooms – one of them with closets and built-ins – can serve as gym, home theater (or even a tricycle course for rainy days!).
– Utility closet
– second laundry hook-up